*** MEDIA ADVISORY ***
Media Contacts: Harrison Carpenter-Neuhaus, email@example.com
March 18: NYC-DSA & IONY March on Billionaire’s Row
New York City, New York—On March 18th, organizers with the New York City Democratic Socialists of America, the Invest in Our New York campaign (IONY), and supporters from across the city will join in Columbus Circle for a rally and march down “billionaire’s row” calling on Albany to reject Governor Hochul’s corporate agenda and raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy to fund vital programs that will help New Yorkers thrive.
With this year’s State budget entering its final phases, our future is on the line. As more and more New Yorkers struggle to make ends meet, the super-rich — many of whom are Hochul’s biggest donors — have captured more and more of our wealth. While the Assembly and Senate have rejected the most poisonous parts of Hochul’s Executive Budget and made some important progress in the “One-House” budgets because of working-class pressure, the fight is not over. New York cannot settle for watered-down half-measures at the last-minute. Join us at Columbus Circle at 12 PM on March 18th to hold the line and demand the full agenda New Yorkers deserve!
- WHO— NYC-DSA organizers, electeds, and supporters alongside allies including:
- Invest in Our New York
- Alliance for Quality for Education
- Make the Road
- New York Communities for Change
- Empire State Indivisible
- WHAT — Rally calling on Albany to pass the #TaxTheRich package in this year’s budget
- Rally will culminate in a march down “billionaire’s row”
- WHEN — 12:00 PM Saturday, March 18th, 2023
- WHERE — Rally begins at 848 Columbus Circle
Speakers will be available for comment following the rally.
For any additional information, please contact: Harrison Carpenter-Neuhaus, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #