*** MEDIA ADVISORY ***
Harrison Carpenter-Neuhaus, firstname.lastname@example.org
March 23: NYC-DSA & Public Power NY Rally in Albany to Build Public Renewables
New Yorkers call on Governor Hochul to pass the real BPRA and unleash our future.
ALBANY, NY—On March 23rd, NYC-DSA organizers and allies will rally in the Capitol to demand the State legislature and Governor Kathy Hochul pass the full version of the Build Public Renewables Act (BPRA) to unleash the clean energy future New York needs.
The final phase of the State budget is just around the corner, and New York’s climate goals are at stake. New Yorkers’ overwhelming support for BPRA pushed Governor Hochul to add her own version in her Executive Budget. But Hochul’s version skips out on the bill’s most important pieces: gold standard labor language, a mandate to build, democratization plan, and environmental justice provisions. That’s why New Yorkers are descending on Albany to tell Governor Hochul we won’t accept watered-down substitutes: we need the real BPRA.
- WHO — NYC-DSA organizers, Public Power NY Coalition members and electeds. Speakers will include:
- Senator Mike Gianaris
- Senator Michelle Hinchey
- Senator Julia Salazar
- Assemblymember Robert Carroll
- Assemblymember Steve Otis
- Assemblymember MaryJane Shimsky
- Assemblymember Jessica Gonzalez-Rojas
- Assemblymember Sarahana Shrestha
- Batul Hassan, Policy Manager, Climate and Community Project
- Daniel Atonna, Political Coordinator, For the Many
- Hennessy Garcia, Sixth Street Community Center
- WHAT — Rally in the Capitol to pass the full Build Public Renewables Act
- WHEN — Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
- Rally begins at 11:00 AM.
- WHERE — New York State Capitol
- 198 State St, Albany, NY 12210 US
Speakers will be available for comment following the rally.
For any additional information, please contact: Harrison Carpenter-Neuhaus, email@example.com